Monday, June 12, 2006

NEW CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: Rose Metal Press seeks novels-in-verse and linked narrative collections

We are currently seeking submissions of novels-in-verse and linked narrative poetry collections to be published in 2007.

The deadline for manuscripts is September 30, 2006 , and submissions may be emailed, beginning now, to rosemetalpress at gmail dot com. Since the genre is such a flexible one, we are not insisting on a page limit, and will consider multiple submissions by the same author.

If you are unsure whether your ms qualifies as a novel-in-verse or a linked narrative collection, please query us at the above email address.

Some examples of novels-in-verse/linked narrative collections include Autobiography of Red by Anne Carson, The Emperor's Babe by Bernardine Evaristo, Skygirl by Rosemary Griggs, and Madoc: a Mystery by Paul Muldoon.

If no suitable manuscript is found, RMP reserves the right to refrain from publishing a collection.

There is no entry fee.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joan Dobbie said...

Dear Rose Metal Press,

I have a full length novel in Verse, A CITY WEARS ITS RIVER LIKE A NECKLACE, that takes place in Boston in the late sixties, early seventies. It was written in 1988 and passed around among family and friends, but never published. My niece,Grace Beeler, also a poet, just recently discovered your call for submissions in Poets & Writers and suggested I submit "A CITY WEARS ITS RIVER."

I also have two other collections, STONE POEMS and SOMETIMES POEMS BY JAYMEE AND AMBER that may fit the bill and will send those along via email.

I am just in the process (coincidentally through blogspot) of creating a website for myself. My soon to be much more elaborite site is: joandobbie.blogspot.com. My email is: dobbiejoan@yahoo.com. If for some reason I do not have your email right or wasn't able to reach you by email, please do write me and I'll reply with the submissions attached and also the links to the complete manuscripts on blogspot.

I know you have no submission fee, but I also know that reading manuscripts is vastly time consuming, so I will leave a small donation as a way of thanking you for your time and energy.

My Very Best,
Joan Dobbie

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home